Quick and easy asparagus frittata. Perfect for Spring. Eggs, Gruyere or Swiss cheese, onion and asparagus. Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time:15 minutes.
1. 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2. 1/3 cup minced shallots
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1 inch lengths
5. 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
6. 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1. Heat butter into a 10 inch oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften and turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 3 minutes.
2. Pour in eggs and cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 2 minutes. While cooking pre-heat oven broiler.
3. Sprinkle cheese over eggs and put in oven to broil until cheese is melted and browned, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven and slide frittata onto serving plate. cut into wedges.
YIELD: Serves 4. ENJOY!
this recipe is reprinted from Simple Recipes http://www.simplerecipes.com
David’s Delicious Chocolates http://www.davidsdeliciouschocolates prides itself in offering awesomely delicious chocolates that are dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, gluten-free, kosher and LOW glycemic chocolate. Why not check us out? We’d love to enjoy your comments on our website our website.